Friday, May 14, 2010

Comedy Swag

..., Oh HI!  Plan "B" here with another super blog update!  I'm sitting on my deck on a beautiful afternoon watching TV.  That's the ultimate goal for anyone in life, outside TV.   Its like you can be lazy but also feel like you're getting something accomplished because you're not indoors.

It was an interesting week of standup comedy for The Plan.   Comedy swag was at an all time low after a BRUTAL set the week prior.  I don't know what happened but I just went Michael Richards on a majority black crowd.  It started with a stereotype and ended with an N bomb!  Wow.  I had a set list ready to go but it was unusual that there were so many black people in the crowd so I made a reference to it and it DIED.  I got boo'd!  Boo'd!  I've been doing standup comedy for 7 years and i've NEVER been boo'd.  Amazing right?  Once that happened I got thrown off, stunned, like a boxer who gets caught with stiff jab.  I staggered around and went into 'heel' mode, where I just want to be the villain and make everyone hate me.  And they did, deservedly so...

Photobucket
{how perfect is this pic??}

Bombing like that is equivalent to being a hiker who gets stranded in the woods because he fell off a cliff and broke his leg.  The break is so bad that bone is piercing through the skin.  At first you're disoriented, like 'what happened?',  then you become aware to the fact that you're injured but you don't know how bad it is yet.  The adrenaline is flowing so you cant really feel the pain... but when it starts to dull and you look down at your mangled leg the pain is INTENSE!  It sucks.

Bombing is a part of comedy and you'd be a fool to think that you can ever avoid it.  The only way to get over the feeling of having a dog shit set is by getting up and having a good set.  or a mediocre set.  or a set where you don't get boo'd.  The point is, dont give up... but if you're going on stage alot and getting boo'd, give up.
Photobucket

So my comedy swag isnt at full capacity but its crawling out of the basement.

Plan "B" would like to take a moment out right know to acknowledge another fellow freedom fighting comic.  A like minded gent who is anti NWO.  My dog Johnny T!   The past few weeks when I see Johnny T at the Village Lantern after our show, a few comics get into heated NWO conversations that gets loud and animated!  It's awesome.  If you think Plan "B" is on some next shit then Johnny T might scare you!  He's like Plan "B" but actually backs up his rhetoric.  For instance he's going to a rally near Columbia to protest Obama's citizenship, I'm going to the driving range!

No comments: